Dr. Will

Dr. Will
In Motion

Thursday, July 8, 2010

WAKE UP AND LIVE YOUR DREAMS PART 2

Last week I told you about my friend who after some life challenging events found the guts and faith to pursue her dream of becoming a Police Officer. And to top it all off she is over forty years old. But I told you I had two friends, so this week I want to tell you about my other phenomenal friend who is pursuing her dream.

In 2005 after eight-teen years of hard work and dedication, my friend found herself forced out of her corporate position with a Fortune 500 company. After making all the right moves and connecting with all the right people, the grim reaper of down sizing would knock her off the corporate latter.

Angry, hurt, disappointed and fearful, my friend begin to ponder her next move. Quickly she came up with the idea that she would use her corporate experience and become a consultant. The only problem was this little voice that kept saying “Now is the time to pursue your dream.” But after all these years could this still be my dream my friend thought, or was this just crazy talk?

After wrestling with the idea of chasing her dream, she put every reason why this was not a good idea to pursue this dream. First off, it would mean a huge decrease in pay. Secondly, pursuing this dream meant going back to school. And thirdly, it was just out right crazy.

But here is the problem with purpose, it never shuts up, you can ignore it, but it never shuts up. After much deliberation and prayer, my friend made the move to pursue her dream. She would go back to school to get her teaching credentials and become a teacher.

She had run from that small voice that kept saying “You were born to teach.” My friend realized that life at it’s longest is short, and you better start doing what you love. She confronted her greatest fear at the time, which was the drastic difference in income, and decided on fulfillment and life purpose.

When I asked my friend what she had learned, here is what she said “Never allow money to determine your destiny, if you are happy doing what you do, you are already rich.” I’m so excited to celebrate with my friend this upcoming December when she not only gets handed her credentials, but her life long purpose.

My friends let these two women be the spark that gets your fire going. Your passion is waiting on you to grab a hold and ride into the sunset with no regrets in life.

Think Better, Live Better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment