Dr. Will

Dr. Will
In Motion

Monday, June 28, 2010

WAKE UP AND LIVE YOUR DREAMS

In my seminars I tell the audience not to die before they have lived. Life at it’s longest is short, so we have no time to waste. In today’s blog I want to inspire you with two stories about two women that decided to LIVE THEIR DREAMS!!!

But before I share their stories, let me first kick out all your excuses for you living your dreams.

Number one, it’s never the right time to live your dreams, you just have to go for it, the timing will never seem right. Secondly, you will never have everything you need to start off initially, but start any way. And lastly, what do I say to the person who says, “What if it doesn’t work out?” I say, what if it does!!!

My first friend I want to tell you about is someone I really call I dream chaser. I have known her for over twenty-five years, and she is beautiful on the inside as well as on the outside. Like many of us she has experienced challenges in life, and life has not always turned out as she thought.

After being married for fourteen years, she found herself divorced with two children and a mortgage to pay. To top it off she was downsized from her corporate job. Faced with unthinkable changes and challenges, she did what most people would do. She went into survival mode. She began to look for work any where she could find it, just to stay afloat. She found that the market was not so friendly to an older single mother of two.

What would she do now? Faced with a dilemma, she turned to her dream. My friend had a dream of being a police officer from a very young age, but gave this dream up, earlier on in life. With a new marriage and two young children, she could no longer see herself being on the force.

But after the disappointment of a failed marriage, she took the disappointment as a reappointment to her dream. She began to inquire about what it would take to fulfill her life long dream. Her age put her right at the limit to join the force; she would have to move quickly, if she was going to follow her dream.

After talking with a few friends and her now teenage children, she was ready to chase her dream. My friend was ready to put herself through some of the most mentally and physically challenging ordeals of her life, but this was her DREAM!!!

I am proud to say after several months of intense training, my dear friend is living her dream she is now a Los Angeles Police Officer.

Next week I will share about my other friend who is chasing her dream as well.

Think Better, Live Better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment