Dr. Will

Dr. Will
In Motion

Monday, July 19, 2010

BEFORE YOU QUIT, “PUSH RESET”

Each year if you are like me you set goals for yourself to achieve on your way to your destiny. And if you are like me you experience certain obstacles, distractions and so forth. Sometimes they are self imposed, other times they are life imposed, either way, and they can knock us off course. This causes many of us to want to quit and give up. We experience frustration and de-motivation, and may be willing to forfeit our goals.

Well several weeks ago, I walked into my church on a Thursday evening and picked up a nugget that may help you out. I know it helped me out.

We are mid way through this year and hopefully you have reflected on the first six months of the year to see if you are on course. What did you discover? Are you on track or off track? Well if you find yourself off track, don’t beat yourself up. Stop calling yourself a failure. Today I’m going to share with you what my Pastor and mentor thought me.

PUSH THE RESET BUTTON!!! Yep that’s it. Don’t cry about it; don’t waddle in it, simply press reset. There are a few things that “PUSHING RESET” allows you to do. What I like about “PUSHING RESET” is this; you are not giving up, but starting over.

The other week I was playing Ms. Pac Man and it wasn’t going like I planned. I was trying to get to stage three without losing a man. Even though it wasn’t going like I planned, I wasn’t ready to stop playing. So what did I do, I looked down at that red button that said RESET, and I pushed it.

What does RESET allow you to do? Here are a few things “PUSHING RESET” will allow you to do.


1. Refocus on your goal

2. Refresh yourself for the journey

3. Reestablish priorities in your life

4. Redefine your course

5. Reexamine your tools for the job

So at this mid way point, ask yourself do you need to “PUSH RESET.” You still have time to accomplish some great things this year.

THINK BETTER, LIVE BETTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment