Dr. Will

Dr. Will
In Motion

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CHANGE YOUR THINKING

But if you correct those who care about life, that's different—they'll love you for it!
Save your breath for the wise—they'll be wiser for it; tell good people what you know
Proverbs 9:9 (Message)

If you know me personally, you know that I believe that success is a science; it can be obtained by following proper principles and correct labor. Now let me be clear that I am referencing only one aspect of success, the part that deals with your career or life purpose.

The other day I was talking with a colleague and he was inquiring about how I reached a certain level of success. I begin to explain to him that I work hard at what I do. He quickly begins to point out that he works hard also. I said this is true, but you are working hard for other people.

Now I also work hard for other people, but in a different way. Let me explain what I mean, if you work hard for someone on a job your return is limited. It may come in the form of a promotion that will increase your pay by several hundred dollars, but most of it will be taxed.

The harder I work; I get to give myself an increase that I determine. As a public speaker I can charge anywhere from $1-$50000, for a one hour presentation, based upon how hard I work. The person who has a job is capped at a certain level. Remember the company you work for is in business to make money, not to make you rich.

This was a radical shift of thinking for my colleague; it was very difficult for him to wrap his mind around. I begin to explain to him, it’s because the mental conditioning that you received, has prepared you to be a consumer and not a seller. For most of us in the Western world, we are thought to go to school, get a good job and save for retirement. We are never thought ownership.

Think for a moment who last longer, the boxer or the promoter? The player or the owner, the employee or the employer.

I ended by explaining that his job must become his business. You have to learn to use your current job to spring you into your destiny……………..

Hear is a quick example how you make your job your business. I can imagine you feel you are pretty good at your job, probably the best. Have you ever said, if everyone was like me this would be a better place? I’m sure you meant if they had your work habits, the business would run better, right? Well, put in a little extra work to become a subject matter expert in your field and write a manual on work place success. Offer to teach this manual for an additional fee to your company.

This is just one example, there are several ways you can turn your job into your business. If you think like the boss, one day you will be the boss.

GOOD THINKING, GOOD LIVING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    You've a really great weblog. Many people tend not to realize what mind power can do to one's achievements Begin directing the amazing power within your mind and subconscious mind to create the living you want with our Mind Power training system. Get the Totally free Mp3, E-Course and CD today and commence directing the power of one's mind and subconscious mind to produce the existence you want - in 7-simple measures.

    ReplyDelete