Dr. Will

Dr. Will
In Motion

Monday, December 26, 2011

The TEBOW Question

If you are a sports fan, I am sure you have heard and seen all the attention given to the Denver Broncos Quarterback, Tim Tebow. To be honest I don't know why Tim Tebow has garnered so much attention. But it was enough to grab my attention. I don't watch too much T.V. so I try to catch the latest sports news on ESPN. And for almost two weeks, every time I tuned in, the sports casters were talking about Tebow. I knew of Tebow from his colleges days at the University of Florida, but because I only follow California teams, I didn't pay him too much attention.

But this last week I watched a documentary on Tebow, and it has prompted me to ask "The Tebow Question." After watching the documentary, I went and did some research on Tebow and was quite surprise to find out about all of his accomplishments. Throughout his college career, Tebow won every major award a football player could win. Player of the year, quarterback of the year, two national championships, 1st Team honors and about 100 other awards. If you are a sports fan, then you know what I'm talking about, if not, take my word Tebow was the Man!

Here's where the story takes a twist. With all his accomplishments, NO Pro Team in the National Football League (NFL) wanted to draft or hire Tebow. Everyone said that Tebow was a great college player, but would not be able to play at the NEXT LEVEL. Here is where "The Tebow Question" comes into play. Tim Tebow was awarded the top awards, yet he was still doubted by everyone. Literally to play at the NEXT LEVEL, Tebow had to prove himself, reinvent himself and humble himself. So "The Tebow Question" becomes........ Are you willing to do what it takes to live your dreams?

After winning every award imaginable, Tebow was told he was not good enough. Tim Tebow could have become bitter, but instead he said, I will become better. Is that your attitude? Tebow began a development regiment that had him training everyday, for eight hours a day. Tebow took the negative and used it for positive.

Each of us wanting to go to the NEXT LEVEL of life, business or career, must answer "The Tebow Question." Are you willing to do what it takes to live your dreams?

After proving himself, reinventing himself and humbling himself, Tebow was selected 25th in the NFL draft, and is now a starting quarterback. He is living his dream, because he answered "The Tebow Question." YES, I am willing!!!


Remember,

Think Better, Live Better 

No comments:

Post a Comment